- 1. Who was the first man to break 3:50 for the mile?
- 2. In what Olympic Games did women first compete?
- 4. latin lesson - The Olympic motto: Citis --Altius--Fortius translates to what?
- 5. True or False. Inspired by the marathon at the first Olympic Games in 1896, the city of Boston held its first marathon the following year on April 18 to commemorate the famous 1775 ride of colonial patriot, Paul Revere.
- 6. True or False. For the first time in its 111 year history, the race will not start at noon.
- 7. This man set the world record in the marathon twice--but for two different countries. Name him.
- 8. This American 800-1500 runner held the world record in the seldom run 1000-meter event, untial Sebastian Coe broke it by half a second in 1980. Who was he?
- 9. The 1916 Olympic Games --canceled because of World War I--were scheduled to be held in what city?
- 10. He was the first master (40-plus years old) to break 2:10 in the marathon.