Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. The Boston Marathon is the USA's oldest marathon. What is the second oldest USA marathon? ....Answer
- 2. In response to a question about what it takes to win major marathons, who said "You must run on the edge of death."? ..... Answer
- 3. How many times did Norwegian great Grete Waitz set a world's best for the women's marathon? ..... Answer
- 4. Frank Shorter set an American record for the marathon of 2:10:30 in Fukuoka, Japan in 1972. How much did this record improve over the next 27 years to the end of 1999? .....Answer
- 5. In what year were qualifying times instituted at the Boston Marathon?" .....Answer
- 6. Americans have won 9 Honolulu Marathons. What was the last year an American won? .....Answer
- 7. How many days after Roger Bannister first broke the four minute mile barrier did the second athlete accomplish that feat? .....Answer
- 8. "A US runner once set five world records and tied a sixth in less than 60 minutes. What is his name?" .....Answer
- 9. How many obstacles do you have to jump in the 3,000 meter Steeplechase?
- 10. How many times did Frank Shorter win Japan's elite Fukuoka Marathon?"
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |