- 1. Which Olympic Games were canceled because of World War II?
- 2. In what Olympic Games did the Soviets make their debut?
- 3. Name the three athletes (#279, 257, and 254) in the photo above.
- 4. In what year was the first Boston Marathon run?
- 5. Steve Jones of Great Britain once ran three sub-2:08:30 marathons in a one-year period. What was his occupation?
- 6. Name the American who won three World Cross Country titles and competed in three Olympics.
- 7. Name the American who won the first FIVE World Cross Country championships.
- 8. Who was the second runner after Derek Clayton to break 2:10 for the marathon.
- 9. What was the name under which the forerunner of Runner's World was founded?
- 10. What was the primary occupation of world-famous running coach, Arthur Lydiard of New Zealand?