- 1. What shoe company sponsored the "Athletics West" track club?
- 2. Who was the first male marathoner to break 2:25 and 2:20?
- 3. Name the runner in the photo.
- 4. Who was the first American to finish an Olympic Marathon?
- 5. Where did Munich Olympic marathon champion Frank Shorter place in the 10,000m at the same Games?
- 6. When Waldmar Cierpinski crossed the finish line in the 1980 Moscow Olympic Marathon winning the gold medal, how many runners were on the track finishing the marathon?
- 7. When he was 17 years old, he was hit from behind in a crash tackle during a rugby match. He was left with a dislocated houlder, ruptured veins and arteries, blood clost, and a paralyzed left arm. After two months in the hospital and two perations, he was released with a withered arm and shoulder. He had to relearn how to walk, dress himself and feed himself. Eight years later he broke the four-minute mile and at the 1960 Olympics he won the 5000m. Who was he?
- 8. Who, when asked for a definitive answer regarding his age, said, "I don't count the years. Men may steal my chickens, men may steal my sheep. But no man can steal my age."
- 9. Who won 44 consecutive races at 1500 meters or one mile between 1954 and 1960?
- 10. World record holder Filbert Bayi of Tanzania did not compete in the 1500M final at the 1976 Montreal Olympics. Why not?