Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. True or False? Thomas Hicks, the winner of the 1904 St. Louis Olympic Marathon, took strychnine and brandy during the race? ....Answer
- 2. Who won the women's 1500M at the 1968 Olympics? ..... Answer
- 3. Name the athlete in the photo above. ..... Answer
- 4. What Olympics added the women's 3000M for the first time? .....Answer
- 5. Who was the first female to break 3 hours for the marathon and when did she do it? .....Answer
- 6. How long did Jesse Owns' long jump record of 26 feet 8.25 inches stand? .....Answer
- 7. Bob Beamon set a world record of 29 feet 2.5 inches at the 1968 Mexico Olympics. In the qualifying round how many jumps did he foul on? .....Answer
- 8. Which was the first Olympic marathon to be run at night? .....Answer
- 9. Abebe Bikila of Ethiopia won the Rome Olympics marathon in a time of 2:15:16.2, a world best time. What anthem was played at his medal ceremony?
- 10. Emil Zatopek placed 6th in the 1956 Olympic Marathon, which for him was a sub-par performance. What was the reason for this?
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |