Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. In 1984 201 US men btoke 2:20 for the marathon. How many did so in 2001? ....Answer
- 2. How long did the 2:21:06 world's best marathon by Ingrid Kristiansen set in 1985 last? ..... Answer
- 3. Who is the runner in the above photo? ..... Answer
- 4. How many times did Grete Waitz win the world cross country championship? .....Answer
- 5. Why was American Fred Lorz disqualified from the 1904 Olympic Marathon? .....Answer
- 6. How did Fred Lorz (question #5), place in the 1905 Boston Marathon? .....Answer
- 7. Who was the first runner to break 3:50 for the mile? .....Answer
- 8. Who, from 1963-70, set 17 world records in races from 2 miles to 20,000m but never won an Olympic gold medal? .....Answer
- 9. Alberto Salazaar set one world and six U.S. records during his career; broke 12-year-old record at New York Marathon in 1981 and broke Boston Marathon record in 1982, won three straight NY Marathons (1980-82) and qualified for the 1980 and 1984 U.S. Olympic teams. Where was he born?
- 10. How many times did Steve Ovett of Great Britian set the world record in the 1500M?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |