- 1. This great Briitsh middle-distance runner reportedly contemplated running for West Germany (hos mother's birthplace) because of the intense competition to make the UK team.
- 2. Part of the Martin Luther King Jr. Games, what was this great mile event called?
- 3. Name the runner on the left in the above photo.
- 4. What great runner is famous for the Olympic feat known as "the double-double"/
- 5. The 10,000-meter men's mark took a huge tumble --neraly 36 seconds--when Australia's Ron Clarke cranked out 27:39 in Oslo, Norway, in 1965. Who held the previous mark?
- 6. What was the largest number of runners in a declared tie for 1st place in a road race?
- 7. Name the woman who most sub-2:30 marathons.
- 8. The Nike Pegasus, which now retails for $80.00 was introduced in 1983 for what price?
- 9. Who was the first woman to break 3 hours in the Boston Marathon?
- 10. Grete Waitz set the world record for the women's marathon four times in her career. The final time was on April 17, 1983, at the London Marathon, clicking 2:25:28.7. Her record lasted for: