- 1. How many years did Steve Scott's American mile record of 3:47.69 last?
- 2. How many sub 4:00 miles did Steve Scott run?
- 3. Name the person in the photo above.
- 4. What was the first year that an official women's championship was held in the IAAF world cross country championships?
- 5. What animal is sometimes placed in water jump pits during steeplechase races?
- 6. She set six world records in 1982, including at 5000 and 10,000 meters.
- 7. Although Olympic glory eluded him, this colorful Briton ran a world record in the 10,000 meters in 1973 in London, running 27:30. He later directed the London Marathon.
- 8. True or False. Bob Schul is the only American to ever win an Olympic gold medal in the 5000-meter run.
- 9. What world-class runner helped pace Fred Lebow ( NYCM race director) to his first five-borough New York City Marathon finish in 1992?
- 10. A very uncharacteristic sixth-place finish in the 1990 Commonwealth Games convinced this Olympic middle-distance great it was time to retire. "I feel like a boxer who looks great in the gym, but as soon as he enters the ring he gets knocked out. But then this is no longer life or death for me." Name him.