Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Avon Running has revived their international women's running circuit. In 1981 where was the Avon International Marathon run? ....Answer
- 2. Who won the 1981 Avon Marathon and where did Joan (Benoit) Samuelson place? ..... Answer
- 3. Kathrine Switzer was the creator of the Avon Running Circuit. Under what name did she register (and run) the Boston Marathon before women were allowed to legally participate? ..... Answer
- 4. Name the only American male whose last name begins with the letter "O" to have ever broken 4 minutes for the mile? .....Answer
- 4. Name the only American male whose last name begins with the letter "Y" to have ever broken 4 minutes for the mile? .....Answer
- 6. In what year was the Olympic Marathon distance set at the current 42.195 Km? .....Answer
- 7. How many times had Grete Waitz won the New York City Marathon? .....Answer
- 8. In what year did Kathrine Switzer, of Boston Marathon and Avon Running fame, win the New York City marathon? ....Answer
- 9. Which countries do the following athletes represent?
- Waldemar Cierpinski?
- Emil Zatopek?
- Spiridon Louis?
- Alain Mimoun? .....Answer
10. What was the last year that cross-country was run as an Olympic event and who won the race? .....Answer
11. Grete Waitz did NOT win the New York City Marathon in 1981 and 1987. Who were the female winners in those two years?
12. How many finishers, male and female, did the New York City Marathon have in 1971?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |