February 1997 Runner's Web Trivia
Read the trivia question and then click on answer.
- 1. Who was known as the "Ancient Marathoner" ?
- 2. What is the name of Steve Prefontaine's home town?
- 3. In addition to his coaching duties at the University of Oregon,
Bill Bowerman is famous for what other contribution to running?
- 4. Who coached Alberto Salazar, Julie Brown and Steve Prefontaine?
- 5. What 15 year female runner caused her 4 X 800M Relay team to be disqualified in a USA - USSR dual meet in 1974 for twice throwing the baton at a USSR runner, during and after the race?
- 6. In 1976 Lyudmila Bragina ran a world record time of 8:27.2 for the women's 3000M; this time beat the previous record by 18.3 seconds! How far behind the men's time progression in the 3000M was this?
- 7. What female marathoner runner achieved a degree of fame for her 37th place finish in the women's Marathon at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics?
- 8. What men's Olympic Marathon winner had been hit by a car (a Mercendez Benz!) only fifteen days prior to the race?
- 9. How many policemen lined the Olympic Marathon course at the 1988 Seoul Games?
- 10. What tragedy befell 1936 Berlin Olympic Games men's 1500M winner John Lovelock of New Zealand?
Comments to: Webmaster