July 1997 Runner's Web Trivia
Read the trivia question and then click on answer.
- 1. What is Canada's largest road race, in terms of number of participants, as of July, 1997?
- 2. How many women broke 3 hours for the marathon in 1972?
- 3. What was the US women's record for the marathon in 1972?
- 4. Following the publication of Ken Cooper's book, Aerobics, in 1968, an estimated 10 million people began running.
How many of these were women and how many stooped running within two years?
- 5. What two cosmetic companies sponsored major Women Only road races in the 1970s and 80s?
- 6. What was the worst judged track race in history?
- 7. At the 1976 Montreal Olympics, Alberto Juantoreno of Cuba, won gold in both the 400 and 800, the first man in Olympic history to do so. Who finished second in these two races?
- 8. Rick Wohlhutter of the US finished third in the 76 Montreal Olympic 800M behind Juantoreno and Van Damme.
What was the comparison in height and weight between Juantoreno and Wohlhutter?
- 9. At the Tokyo Olympics in 1964 Bob Hayes of the US won the 100m in 10.0s and was labelled 'the worlds fastest man. '. What was the winning time in the 200M at these games and wo ran it?
- 10. Dave Bedford of the UK was noted for running up to 200 miles per week in training. In the mid 1970s, he ran a world record for 10,000M. What was particularly unusual in his training prior to this record run?
Comments to: Webmaster