Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Who won the silver medal in the 1984 Women's Olympic Marathon? ....Answer
- 2. Who is the runner in this photo?   ..... Answer
- 3. Glenn Cunningham, Billy Mills, Wes Santee and Jim Ryun were all world record holders in distance running. What else do they have in common? ..... Answer
- 4. How many world records did Paavo Nurmi set? .....Answer
- 4. How many times did Ben Jipcho break the 3000M SC record in 1973? .....Answer
- 6. Ron Clarke of Australia once held the Australian National record in the 10,000M. What was the time and how long did he hold the record? .....Answer
- 7.Who was the first New Zealander to break 4 minutes for the mile? .....Answer
- 8. What New Zealand male runner won the Olympic 1500M bronze in 1972,finished fourth in the 1976 5000m and was 10th in the 1984 marathon? .....Answer
- 9. Who was the first runner to go under 3:30 for the 1500M? ....Answer
- 10.Jim Ryun of the US set a world record in the mile of 3:51.3 in 1966. Who was the last US miler to hold the world record prior to Ryun? .....Answer
- 11. Between 1967 and 1996 one US runner held the women's world record in the mile 4 times. Who was that runner? ....Answer
- 12. Who set a world record for the women's marathon the first time she ran it?
- 13.Which of the following was the first to break 30:00 for the women's 10,000M ?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |