Posted: April 26, 2003
Athletics: You Know You're Over The Hill When...Top Ten Symptoms
You know you're over the hill as a runner when.....
10. You are regularly passed by people listening to a Walkman,
9. You are regularly passed by people walking,
8. You are regularly passed by women pushing baby joggers,
7. Your favourite retort is, "You may be running faster, but you're not running any harder!",
6. The only people you pass are going in the opposite direction,
5. You are regularly passed by joggers carrying enough water to cross the Sahara Desert,
4. You are regularly passed by joggers carrying enough gel, bars, goo, and lord knows what else, to feed the third world,
3. You realize you have been telling people for the past 5 years that you are just "getting back into running" ,
2. Everyone who passes you says, "Keep going, you can do it!",
and you really know you are over the hill as a runner when...
1. You are regularly passed by Running Room Jog/Walk advocates....while they are walking!
Ken Parker has been a runner for 35+ years and recently experienced all of the above symptoms on the same run!
Runner's Web FrontPage