Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Jack Bacheler placed ninth in the marathon at the 1972 Munich Olympics. How tall was (is) he? I ....Answer
- 2. Who invented ERG (Electrolyte Replacement with Glucose), one of the first sports drinks designed for
endurance athletes? ..... Answer
- 3. How many finishers did the New York City Marathon have in 1972? ..... Answer
- 4. Where did the 1972 New York City Marathon rank in terms of finishers for U.S. marathons? .....Answer
- 5. Which country's Olympic officials threatened to kill a marathoner if he did not finish the 1984 LA Olympic Marathon? .....Answer
- 6. What was the slowest marathon finishing time in Olympic history? .....Answer
- 7. What is the "Scheiss rule" in Olympic regulations? .....Answer
- 8. Who said 'I wanted to show people that I wasn't washed up just because they bronzed me"? .....Answer
- 9. Name the runner whose hat beat him into the Track & Field Hall of fame by three years?
- 10. Name the runner with following history: "He finished last in the 800 and 1500 heats and his 4X400 relay team finished last in the heats in Melbourne in 1956, he finished 4th in the 10,000 at Tokyo in 1964, and 2nd at Mexico City in the 10,000 and won the marathon in Mexico City in 1968.
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |