Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. In what year was the women's 3,000M track race added to the Olympic schedule? ....Answer
- 2. In what year was the women's 10,000M added to the Olympic schedule? ..... Answer
- 3. In the 1972 Olympic 10,000M Lasse Viren of Finland set a world record of 27:38. What incident magnified the significance of this performance? ..... Answer
- 4. Who placed 4th in the 1896 Athens Olympic Marathon? .....Answer
- 5. When was the women's 1500M added to the Olympic schedule? .....Answer
- 6. Who was the first woman to be officially timed in a marathon? .....Answer
- 7. Who was the last American to win a gold medal in the Olympic steeplechase? .....Answer
- 8. Who was the first US woman to win both the 1500M and 5000M at the same US National Championships? .....Answer
- 9. In 1980 a total of 120,000 runners finished US marathons and 10 percent were women. How many finished US marathons in 1998 and what percent were women?
- 10. In the 1976 Montreal Olympics Alberto Juantorena won the 800M in a WR of 1:43.50. American Rick Wolhuter was third. Who finished second?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |