- 1. True or False. Ancient Olympians were pure amateurs. The only awards they accepted were olive wreaths placed upon their brows in victory.
- 2. What brother-sister team can both claim to having won a pair of U.S. cross-country title--the brother in the mid-1960s and his sister in the 1970s? They both also made the U.S. Olympic track team.
- 3. Name the runner in the above photo.
- 4.Name three former world record holders in the men's mile who later held high political office.
- 5. The medal-winning times in the 1932 Olympic steeplechase at Los Angeles were significantly slower than expected because:
- 6. One of the top steeplechaers in the world for three straight Olympic Games, this two-time medal winner died in a car crash in 1981.
- 7. In the history of the men's marathon, which runner set the world "record" a record four times?
- 8. She won three consecutive Boston Marathons and in 1996 became the first African woman to win the Olympic Marathon.
- 9. She set six world records in 1982, including at 5000 and 10,000 meters.
- 10. Only one British man in the history of the Olympic Games has won both the 800 and 1500. He was: