Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Who held the world's best time of 2:08:28 for the marathon for 12 years? ....Answer
- 2. He set 18 world records, six of them over the Olympic distances of 5000M and 10000M but won only one Olympic medal, a bronze? Who was he? ..... Answer
- 3. Name the athlete in the photo above. ..... Answer
- 4. Prior to Samuel Wanjiru of Kenya winning the 2008 Olympic Marathon, when was the last time a Kenyan runner won the Men's Olympic Marathon? .....Answer
- 5. Who was the well known marathoner who had the nickname, "The Rookie"? .....Answer
- 6. In what year were qualifying times instituted at the Boston Marathon? .....Answer
- 7. Which were the first Olympic Games to make a profit? .....Answer
- 8. Which five countries have competed in every Olympic Games? .....Answer
- 9. Prior to winning the 1984 LA Olympic Marathon, how many marathons had the winner, Carlos Lopes of Portugal, started and finished?
- 10. The 1988 Seoul Olympic Marathon had the closest finish in 68 years. What was the margin of victory for Gelindo Bordin of Italy over Douglas Wakihuri of Kenya?
Comments to the: Runner's Web.
|Top of Questions|   |Top of Page|   |Trivia Index Page |