Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Who held the world's best time of 2:08:28 for the marathon for 12 years? ....Answer
- 2. He set 18 world records, six of them over the Olympic distances of 5000M and 10000M but won only one Olympic medal, a bronze? Who was he? ..... Answer
- 3. Name the athlete in the photo above. ..... Answer
- 4. Prior to Samuel Wanjiru of Kenya winning the 2008 Olympic Marathon, when was the last time a Kenyan runner won the Men's Olympic Marathon? .....Answer
- 5. Who was the well known marathoner who had the nickname, "The Rookie"? .....Answer
- 6. In what year were qualifying times instituted at the Boston Marathon? .....Answer
- 7. Which were the first Olympic Games to make a profit? .....Answer
- 8. Which five countries have competed in every Olympic Games? .....Answer
- 9. Prior to winning the 1984 LA Olympic Marathon, how many marathons had the winner, Carlos Lopes of Portugal, started and finished?
- 10. The 1988 Seoul Olympic Marathon had the closest finish in 68 years. What was the margin of victory for Gelindo Bordin of Italy over Douglas Wakihuri of Kenya?
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |