- 1. How may runners entered the first Boston Marathon in 1897?
- 2. Who broke 18 world records from one mile to 20,000 metres? In 1966, he held 6 world records (3 miles, 6 miles, 10 miles, 5,000 metres, 10,000 metres & 20,000 metres)
- 3. Name the person in the photo above.
- 4. He was regarded as the world's greatest middle-distance runner when he retired in 1961 after almost nine years without having lost a race.
- 5. He stunned everyone by becoming the first non-American to sweep the 1928 Olympic 100 and 200 metre sprints. His feats are remarkable considering he weighed just 125 pounds as an adult and was frail looking due to a bout of rheumatic fever as a child.
- 6. He won the 1952 Helsinki Olympics 300M Steeplechase in a World Record of 8:45.4 and was an FBI agent.
- 7. Jim F. Fixx was not always the lean fit runner we remember him as. He was very overweight when he began running and came in last place in his first race. How much did he weigh?
- 8. How long after arthroscopic surgery did Joan Benoit qualify for the US marathon team for the Olympics?
- 9. How many times did Frank Shorter win Japan's elite Fukuoka Marathon?
- 10. His 800M world record lasted 16 years, his 1,000M record 18 years. Who is he?