- 1. In the 1948 Olympics Fanny Blankers-Koen won gold in the 100M, 200M, 80M Hurdles and 400M relay.
Why did she not compete in the high jump and long jump, events in which she was the world record holder?
- 2. He set 4 world records in one track meet in 1921. Who was he?
- 3. Jesse Owens was the first male athlete to win gold in the 100M and 200M at the same Olympics. Who was the second male to achieve this?
- 4. In the 1920 Olympics Albert Hill won both the men's 800M and 1,500M. Who was the next athlete to acieve this double?
- 5. Who was the "Phantom Finn"?
- 6. Name the two American athletes who "extended their black-golved fists skyward and stared downward during the
playing of the 'Star-Spangled Banner' after they had received gold and bronze medals for their performances in the 200M at the Mexico Olympics"?
- 7. Who was the first Olympic sprinter, male or female, to retain an individual championship four years later?
- 8. In women's track and field at the Munich Olympics, how many gold medals did the USA win?
- 9. What brand of shoes did Ron Delaney wear in winning the 1,500M at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics?
- 10. Name the two Americans who placed 1st and 3rd in the men's 5,000M at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics?