Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. How many days prior to the 1984 US Olympic Trials did Joan Benoit Samuelson have arthroscopic knee surgery? ....Answer
- 2. Who was the oldest woman to ever qualify for the US Olympic Marathon Trials? ..... Answer
- 3. Who posed nude in the July 2000 Runner's World magazine? ..... Answer
- 4. From 1968 to 1980 the Olympics were held in a city whose name stared with 'M". Name them. .....Answer
- 5. He was the first man to break 3:30 for the mile and he now has Parkinson's disease. Who is he? .....Answer
- 6. Three American high schoolers broke the 4 minute mile in the 1960s. Two of them were Jim Ryun and Marty Liquori. Who was the third? .....Answer
- 7. Paavo Nurmi was considered the favourite to win the 1932 Los Angeles Olympic marathon but he did not start. Why not? .....Answer
- 8. Vladimir Kuts, a double gold medallist in the 5,000 and 10,000 in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics died at age 48. What was the cause of death? .....Answer
- 9. In 1990 about 260,000 runners finished marathons in the United States. By 1999 that number had grown/decreased to what number?
- 10. The percentage of women in marathons in the United States in 1999 was?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |