June 1997 Runner's Web Trivia
Read the trivia question and then click on answer.
- 1. How many times has Lynn Jennings won the Freihoher's Run for Women held in Albany, New York?
- 2. Who defeated Mary (Decker) Slaney in the 1984 US Olympic Trials 1500M?
- 3. What are the current USA marathon records for men and women and who holds them?
- 4. What prevented Steve Ovett from racing as a Master?
- 5. Who has run 136 sub 4 minute miles, more than any other runner?
- 6. In the 400M Relay at the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games whose shoes did Millard Hampton wear in the semis and what was noteworthy about them?
- 7. In the 1976 Montreal Olympics Lasse Viren qualified for the 5000M by running 13:33.4 for a fourth place finish.
What was his time for the LAST 5000M of the 10,000M race which he won in 27:40.38?
- 8. In 1983 193 US men run 267 sub 2:20 marathons( including 71 at Boston). How many sub 2:20 marathons did they run in 1996?
- 9. In November of 1996 Lhoussine Siba and Bouchra Moustaid placed 2nd and third in the Fairfield 5 in Connecticut. What they do they do next?
- 10. Who leads the list of all-time top ten British marathoners? What performance gave him this ranking?
Comments to: Webmaster