May 1997 Runner's Web Trivia
Read the trivia question and then click on answer.
- 1. Of the all-time top 10 5K road race times, what US city holds the top 6 rankings?
- 2.How many of the top 10 rankings does the city above hold?
- 3. What was the women's world record for the 1000M in 1918?
- 4. What is the current world record for the womens 1000M?
- 5.Who holds the world indoor record for 50 yards?
- 6.Who played the role of Billy Mills in the movie Running Brave?
- 7. Where was the Olympic 10,000M race featured in Running Brave filmed?
- 8. In the Seoul Olympics Ben Johnson had a drug aided world's fastest time of 9.79 following a very fast start.
What athlete had an even faster reaction time in the 100M final?
- 9. Florence Griffith Joyner announced her retirement on February 25, 1989. What was particularly significant about this date?
- 10. How old was Canada's Glenda Reiser when she ran 4:07.71 and finished second behind Lyudimila Bragina's world record of 4:06.47 in the first round of the womens 1500M at Munich?
Comments to: Webmaster