RUNNING HD is broadcast on the YES Network, which reaches 11.4 million households in the tri-state area. To confirm airtimes visit www.yesnetwork.com and click on “Full Schedule.”
*** In addition to the YES Network, RUNNING HD is now available nationally on the following outlets: Verizon FiOS’s Extreme HD Package in all markets outside the tri-state area; AT&T U-Verse; DirecTV; Bright House Network’s Sports Pack in Tampa and Orlando. RUNNING HD is the only participatory sports series on those networks.
Airtimes for May 2009
Sat, May 2, 11:30pm
Sat, May 9, noon
Tues, May 12, 9:00pm
Thurs, May 14, 7:00am
Tues, May 19, 11:30am
Thurs, May 21, 7:30am
Thurs, May 21, 8:00pm
Sat, May 23, noon
Additional airs not yet scheduled
- New York Road Runners moves west to present a Distance Carnival at University of California Berkeley. The goal: to help American athletes meet the qualifying times for the World Championships later in the year. Shannon Rowbury leads the field in the women’s 5000.
- In Central Park, thousands “Run as One” in the TGL Classic to raise money for lung cancer research. Tom Labrecque Jr: “We are going to keep running until we improve the survival rate.”
- A shootout at the 113th running of the Boston Marathon, with American Kara Goucher right in the thick of things with one mile to go. The toughest mile.
- American Ryan Hall lets some of the world’s best know they are in for a battle here at Boston with his 1:03 half-marathon split.
- Back to Berkeley for New York Road Runners Distance Carnival. Local Olympian Anthony Famiglietti pushes for a world championship qualifying time in the men’s 10,000.
- A block party and celebration for 10,000 in the More Magazine-Fitness Magazine Half-Marathon. Leave the watch at home and enjoy the company. Carol Alt: “These women are the real heroes, raising money to fight world poverty.”
- The Amateur Athletic Union annually presents the James E. Sullivan Award to the top amateur athlete in the country. Among the past recipients. Mary Decker, Carl Lewis and Michael Johnson.
- Poet and lyricist Robert Burns is Scotland’s favorite son and his spirit is celebrated by thousands in Central Park in the Homecoming Scotland Run 10k. Scottish Executive Nicola Sturgeon: “Once you visit Scotland you’ll want to come back again and again.”
For more information on RUNNING HD contact Salmini Films at 201-944-5572.