BROCKVILLE -- Brockville Sports has expanded its True Sport programming beyond Free Youth Wakeboarding, Masters Track and Field and Triathlon to support community interests that were identified in discussions with Brockville area citizens of all ages and athletic abilities over the last year. The new programs are:
- TUBING WATER SKIING with "Early Bird" sessions out of Gilbert Marine every weekday morning from 7 to 8am and 8 to 9am
- SPORTABILITY will be launched as an after-school "Canadian Sport for Life" Active Start and FUNdamentals multi-skill development program for 2- to 9-year-olds starting in January 2010
- 2011 BROCKVILLE MASTERS GAMES will be hosted for the first time on the weekend of September 10-11, 2011 for young to older adults in partnership with up to 10 national sport organizations and Brockville area community sport groups
- PERSONAL TRAINING is now available for individuals of all ages and abilities in a 2-level fitness studio in Downtown Brockville
- TRAINING RETREATS targeting Masters 'weekend warriors' from different sports living in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Syracuse, and other cities and towns
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES that bring sport and physical activity fun to children of all abilities
- ISLAND PICNICS with some on-the-water tubing, wakeboarding and water skiing fun
- TEAM BUILDING with small group trust, communication and risk-taking activities for companies and community groups
- WORKSHOPS on a variety of topics based on individual and community needs
- SPORT LINKS with direct connections to every community sport group in the Brockville area
Visit www.brockvillesports.com to find out more about each of the new True Sport programs.
Brockville Sports is a not-for-profit multi-sport club that is supported by Thousand Islands Concrete, 1000 Islands R/V Marine, ARTinc., Beattie Dodge Chrysler Jeep, BROCKnews.ca, Brockville Tourism, Burnbrae Farms, Leon's Furniture, and What If Graphics.