QUANTICO, Va. - (September 14, 2009) - The Marine Corps Marathon has introduced online tutorials, available on its website, to guide its 30,000 runners and estimated 150,000 spectators through race weekend. By using software from Brainshark, Inc., a leader in on-demand presentations, the MCM is able to deliver information about the October 25th marathon to participants and spectators faster and more effectively than ever before. Interested parties can view the on-demand tutorials at their convenience at www.marinemarathon.com
Previously, the MCM conveyed much of this information in its race program, distributed during race weekend. With Brainshark, the MCM can transform static content, such as PowerPoint slides, into engaging presentations containing voiceovers, photos and animation that can be viewed and revisited online at any time. This new format enables the MCM to get information in the hands of interested parties well in advance of the race and faster than ever.
"The MCM has leveraged Brainshark technology to make the event website more personal for runners, spectators and potential sponsors," said Marc Goldman, sponsorship and marketing manager for the Marine Corps Marathon. "This is just one more way for the MCM to engage in effective communication with the different audiences that are part of the marathon. It's as if our staff is sitting down with a runner and explaining, in their own words, the vital details a participant needs to know."
The following individual presentations are available:
* Welcome Runners presentation - Runners can view a presentation highlighting everything they'll need to know for a successful race weekend from race-day reminders to family activities - hosted by Marketing Coordinator Kim Truba.
* Spectator Guide presentation - Spectators can visit the spectator page and download a presentation with race viewing locations and transportation tips hosted by Beth Johnson, public relations coordinator.
* Healthy Kids Fun Run presentation - Parents can check out the Healthy Kids Fun Run presentation, hosted by Sponsorship Coordinator Amanda Ayers, to learn more about the child-friendly race and how to register.
* Health and Fitness Expo presentation (Coming Soon)
Visitors can find out more about the Health and Fitness Expo from Anne Marie Staab, expo coordinator.
* Volunteer Information presentation (Coming Soon)
Volunteers will hear about the procedures they need to follow for race day from Deputy Director, Angela Huff.
The MCM is also using Brainshark technology to increase interaction with potential sponsors in a presentation, hosted by Goldman, introducing the many benefits the sponsorship program offers.