Once again, world-class runners will be coming to Berlin with one goal: to run as fast as possible on the course that has seen numerous world records. The past five menís marathon records were set in Berlin. Starting at the BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2014, among others, are:
- Dennis Kimetto (Kenya). In 2013 winner of the marathons in Tokio und Chicago, each time with a course record, in 2012 he was 2nd in Berlin, personal best: 2:03:45 (2013).
- Emmanuel Mutai (Kenya). Winner of the 2011 Virgin Money London Marathon, World Marathon Majors champion 2011, personal best 2:03:52 (2013).
- Tsegaye Kebede (Ethiopia). World class runner since many years, World Marathon Majors champion 2013, personal best 2:04:38 (2012).
- Geoffrey Kamworor (Kenya). Halfmarathon world champion (March 2014).
- Fayse Tadese (Ethiopia). Winner of the 2013 Paris-Marathon, personal best 2:21:06.
- Tirfi Tsegaye (Ethiopia). Second at the 2012 BMW BERLIN-MARATHON, personal best 2:21:19.
- Shalane Flanagan (USA). In 2008 third at 10,000 m, Olympic Games Bejing, personal best 2:22:02.
- Kayoko Fukushi (Japan), third at World Championship Marathon Moscow 2013, personal best 2:24:21.