Event Will Celebrate 20th Anniversary of Medtronic TC 10 Mile
St. Paul, Minn. - September 7, 2018 - Just one month from today, the start horn will sound for the 2018 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, the signature event of the 37th annual Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend.
More than 30,000 runners of all ages are expected to participate in running events throughout the weekend. Racing kicks off Saturday, October 6, with the TC 10K, presented by PNC Bank, followed by the TC 5K, presented by Fredrikson & Byron, and the Medtronic TC Family Events.
On Sunday, October 7, runners will compete in the 20th anniversary of the Medtronic TC 10 Mile, now the weekendís largest race, and the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon itself.
Highly anticipated aspects of the weekend include:
The 20th anniversary of the Medtronic TC 10 Mile will include hosting the USATF Menís & Womenís 10 Mile Championships. Molly Huddle, the womenís event record-holder is scheduled to compete.
- La Crescent native Connor Franta, entrepreneur, New York Times bestselling author and content creator with a social media following of more than 16 million, will run the marathon with a goal to raise more than $250,000 for GLSEN, a non-profit whose mission is to create a safe learning space for LGBTQ children in schools.
- Two-time womenís defending Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon champion Jane Kibii of Kenya and countryman Elisha Barno, the four-time Grandmaís Marathon menís champion, headline the pro field for the marathon.
- The Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon VIP Experience, new in 2018, will create a red carpet experience for marathoners and spectators, with pre-race access to the Vikings Longhouse, start and finish line amenities, like breakfast snacks, a lunch buffet, private gear check, premium finish line seating and a free gift.
- Brooks Running's "Outrun Yourself Challenge" will outfit up 25 of this year's marathoners and 10 milers with shoes, apparel, and a complimentary race entry and VIP entry into next year's marathon, if they better their time from last year.
- Marathon weekend sponsor Great Clips will offer complimentary haircuts at the Health & Fitness Expo.
Additional information on all aspects of the 37th annual Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend can be found at tcmevents.org.
About Twin Cities in Motion
Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) has been the region's premier running event company since
1982. Its mission is simple - ignite everyone's inner athlete. TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit
that organizes 27 races throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities
Marathon, a Top 10 U.S. marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities,
and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Collectively, TCM and its charity
partners that fundraise at TCM events give back more than $1.4 million annually to a
variety of causes.