Rapid sellout expected for the January 28, 2024 Event
MIAMI (August 1, 2023) – Registration is open for the 22nd edition of the world-renowned Life Time Miami Marathon And Half, which is set for Sunday, January 28, 2024.
With a cap of 18,000 runners for the half and full marathon distances, a fast sellout is anticipated for the third consecutive year.
While the Marathon expanded from 15,000 to 18,000 runners in 2023, the waitlist swelled to more than 7,000 runners for the highly celebrated destination race that attracts participants from all 50 states and more than 70 countries. A waitlist lottery will once again be established once the 18,000-runner limit is reached.
“We greatly treasure the incredible passion and anticipation for our event,” said Frankie Ruiz, co-founder of the Miami Marathon and Chief Running Officer at Life Time. “The vibrant spirit of running Miami has become an essential part of the running lifestyle for both those who live in our community and others who travel great distances for the Miami Famous experience. There are not many places in the world where you can run on scenic streets in a tropical paradise. It’s an incredible day that continues to be the party of the year.”
Participants will take on the USTAF-certified and Boston-qualifying flat course which showcases the best views of Miami’s cityscape and waterways. As one of the most internationally friendly events in the industry, Life Time personalizes the race bib of each runner with their home country’s flag. Miami Marathon And Half Finisher Medals are among the most creative and coveted in the running spectrum.
The Life Time Miami Marathon And Half, with the support of the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority, serves as one component of a broader Healthy Way of Life mission in the South Florida area, which also includes its premium athletic country clubs Life Time Coral Gables, which opened in 2021, Life Time Palm Beach Gardens, which opened in 2022, and the new Life Time Miami at The Falls, which opens August 4.
Distances & Weekend Details
- Life Time Tropical 5K: Saturday, Jan. 27, 2024
- Life Time Miami Marathon & Half Marathon: Sunday, Jan. 28, 2024
- Miami Famous Expo: an industry-leading gathering of vendors, live entertainment and experiential marketing activations from top health and wellness brands Jan. 26-27, 2024
- Multiple run clubs throughout the Miami area welcome those who are training for the Life Time Miami Marathon, Half Marathon, and/or Tropical 5K.
- More than 1,000 students at Miami-area schools will take part in the 2024 Kids Run Miami program, for which they’ll run a total of 25 miles over the course of 15 weeks leading up to the marathon and complete their final 1.2 miles at the race-day finish line. A one-mile kids race will be held for youngsters not part of the Kids Run Miami program.
- More than 80 charities and organizations are partnered with the Life Time Miami Marathon
- In 2023, the festivities generated almost $17M in local economic impact. The race has almost as many International runners (30%) as it does runners from Dade County (33%).
To learn more and register, visit TheMiamiMarathon.com. For event updates, follow along on social media:
Facebook: Miami Marathon, Instagram: @TheMiamiMarathon, Twitter: @RunMiami.
The Miami Marathon is owned and produced by Life Time, the premier healthy lifestyle brand. It is among more than 30 premier athletic events operated by the company, including the Chicago Half Marathon, Garmin UNBOUND Gravel, and the Leadville Race Series. To view and learn more about Life Time athletic events, visit: lifetime.life/athletic-events.
About Life Time, Inc.
Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of more than 165 athletic country clubs across the United States and Canada. The Company's healthy way of life communities and ecosystem address all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment for people 90 days to 90+ years old. Supported by a team of more than 35,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to providing the best programs and experiences through its clubs, iconic athletic events and comprehensive digital platform.