Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. What was the growth in sub 2:30 US male marathoners from 1973 to 1978? ....Answer
- 2. How many runners did the New York City Marathon have in 1975 and in 1978? ..... Answer
- 3. How many women started the Boston Marathon in 1976 and 1996? ..... Answer
- 4. In what year were Running Times Magazine and Runners World founded? .....Answer
- 5. A 2:14:17 marathon time qualified for a 40th seed in the 1984 US Olympic Trials. What seed did a 2:14;18 time get in the 1996 trials? .....Answer
- 6. At what age did 1960 Olympic 1500M gold medal winner Herb Elliot retire? .....Answer
- 7. In 1954 Roger Bannister brok 4 minutes for the first time in the mile. Runners Chris Brasher lead the race for the first 800 meters and Chris Chataway set the pace for the third lap. What major accomplishments did these two runners achieve after this race? .....Answer
- 8. In 1939 Rudolf Harbig of Germany set a 800 meter world record of 1:46.6. How long would this record stand? ....Answer
- 9. Who was the first miler to break 4 minutes inddors? .....Answer
- 10. Who was the first runner to break 28 minutes for the 10,000 meteres? .....Answer
- 11. How many US male marathoners ran sub 2:20 times in 1978?
- 12. What marathoner was the first to break 2:12, 2:11 and 2:10 in the same race?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |