Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Lasse Viren of Finland won gold medals at 5,000 and 10,000 meters in 1972 Munich Olympics and repeated the 5,000/10,000 double in 1976 Games. Where did he place in the Montreal 1976 Marathon? ....Answer
- 2. What track club uses an "Orange" as part of its logo? ..... Answer
- 3. Name the event depicted in the photo above. ..... Answer
- 4. What was the first year women were legally sanctioned to run the Boston Marathon? .....Answer
- 5. How many Canadian men ran - in 2002 - a marathoner faster then Paula Radcliffe's Chicago world record time of 2:17:18? .....Answer
- 6. How many gold medals has Ireland won in athletics in the Olympics? .....Answer
- 7. During his career, he held world records at 100 yards, 220, 200 meters and the 220-yard low hurdles but never won an Olympic gold. He ran 9.6 for 100 yards at the age of 36. Who was he? .....Answer
- 8. Who was the first woman to run a sub 2 minute 800M in the Olympic final? .....Answer
- 9. What is the name of the woman who was prevented from crossing the finish line by male runners in the 1967 Boston Marathon?
- 10. "How many days after Roger Bannister first broke the four minute mile barrier did the second athlete accomplish that feat?"
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |