- 1. Ottawa's Race Weekend was May 26-27 with almost 30,000 participants taking part in multiple events. How many runners were there in the first National Capital Marathon in 1975?
- 2. What was the original all-womens road race?
- 4. She's the only woman to have finished four Olympic Marathons.
- 5. In 1984 this young woman (just 16!) from New England set a new world junior marathon record (2:34:24) in Olympia, Washington, en-route to a ninth-pace finish.
- 6. True of False. A converted Chrisitan put an end to the Olympic Games because he believed them to be "pagan" in nature.
- 7. Famous Oregon coach Bill Bowerman once made an athlete take gymnastics. "If I plan to enter this particular young man in the steeplechase, I owe it to his parnets to make sure he knows how to fall without killing himslef. I made him take swimming last year." Who was the athlete?
- 8. Who coached Alberto Salazar?
- 9. What animal is sometimes placed in water jump pits during steeplechase races?
- 10. Miffed at officials who demanded that they start 10 minutes ahead of the men, women marathoners staged a starting-line protest at what event?