- 1. Which is the longest running marathon in the world?
- 2. During the 1990s this British athelete was simultaneously the World, Olympic, European and Commonwealth champion in his event. Who is he?
- 3. Name the two runners in the photo above taken at the 1981 London Marathon.
- 4. 9. British professional Walter George ran 4:12-3/4 for the mile in London in August 1886. How long did it take until some ran (ever-so-slightly) faster?
- 5. Who was the last male British runner to win the London Marathon?
- 6. Phil Knight was the founder of Nike. What was his nickname?
- 7. This Italian sprinter competed in four straight Olympics, won the 200-meter gold in Moscow in 1980, and broke Tommie Smith's 11-year-old WR with a 19.72 at Mexico City in 1979.
- 8. Where were the World Marathon Championships held in 2001?
- 9. Who was the oldest man to win the Olympic Marathon?
- 10. Name the Olympic Marathoner whose "bare butt" was featured in the movie, "Personal Best".