Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. This runner entered the stadium 3 miles ahead of the next competitor at the British Empire Games in Vancouver but did not finish the race. ....Answer
- 2. Jerome Drayton won the 1977 Boston Marathon. Another Canadian finished third. Who was it? ..... Answer
- 3. Who was the first non USA winner in the Boston Marathon? ..... Answer
- 4. Who was the first non North American to win the Boston Marathon? .....Answer
- 5. Who said "There is no greater glory for a man as long as he lives than which he wins by his own hands and feet."? .....Answer
- 6. "Bobbing, weaving, staggering, gyrating, clutching his torso, flinging supplication glances towards the heavens, he ran like a man with a noose about his neck." Who was sportswriter Red Smith describing when he wrote this? .....Answer
- 7. How many runners broke the Olympic 1500M record at the 1960 Rome Games? Who won the race? .....Answer
- 8. How many countries won the men's Olympic 1500M run between 1896 and 1928 inclusive? .....Answer
- 9. Which of the following statements regarding Eamonn Coghlan are true?
- 10. Between 1896 and 1956 inclusive, Great Britain and the USA won every Olympic 800M race. Who broke this streak in 1960 and what country did he represent?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |