- 1. What is Carl Lewis's first name?
- 2. What was the event that was nicknamed "The Run for the Hoses"?
- 3. Name the athlete in the photo above.
- 4. Paula Radcliffe's 2:15:25 women's marathon world best would have won which Olympic men's final?
- 5. Felix Sanchez has won 38 straight 400-meter hurdles races over the past two years. What was his sport prior to track and field?
- 6. In 1952 three world-class runners from three continents set out to break the four-minute mile. Name them.
- 7. Who was the first man to run a sub 29 minute 10K?
- 8. Who set 17 world records in races from 2 miles to 20,000m but never won an Olympic gold medal?
- 9. Who was the second person to break four minutes for the mile?
- 10. Which country was the leading medal winner at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics?
- 10. After winning the 10,000M at the Montreal Olympics, Lasse Viren, took off his shoes and held them high for photographs. It turned out that he was the exclusive distributor for these shoes in Finland.
What brand were they?