- 1. How old was Joyce Smith when she ran for Britain in the first Olympic Marathon for women at the LA Games?
- 2. What was "Jock" Semple's (of Boston Marathon fame) first name?
- 3. Name the person in the photo above.
- 4. Brian Maxwell, the founder of Powerbar, sold the company to Nestle's for what reported amount?
- 5. Who wrote "On the Run From Dogs and People"?
- 6. Who earned the nickname 'Catherine the Great'?
- 7. Who was the British runner who came on strong to nip a near-stumbling Steve Prefontaine for the 1972 Olympic bronze medal in the last few meters?
- 8. Who is credited with saying about the marathon, "To describe the agony of the marathon to someone who's never run it is like trying to explain color to someone who was born blind."?
- 9. She is the only woman to have run in and finished four Olympic Marathons.
- 10. What great runner is famous for the Olympic feat known as "the double-double"?