- 1. After what Olympic year was the 800M for Women removed from the games because of the collapse of several women after the race and when was it re-instated?
- 2. Who was the first black woman to ever win an Olympic gold medal? Name the event, the year and the city.
- 3. Name the person in the photo above.
- 4. What American sprinter was labeled 'the fastest woman the world has ever seen'? What medals did she win and what was the year?
- 5. Who was the first black African woman to win an Olympic medal? Name the city and year.
- 6. What was the first year that the Olympics had a marathon for women? Who won the gold medal? .....
- 7. What distance runner won 3 gold medals in the 1952 Olympic Games?
- 8. Name the three distances for the answer above.
- 9. Where did Bill Rodgers place in the Montreal Olympic Marathon? .
- 10. The last American to win the Boston Marathon did his collegiate running in the Big Ten, at Michigan, then moved up to the marathon later in his career.