- 1. Who held the world's best time of 2:08:28 for the marathon for 12 years?
- 2. He set 18 world records, six of them over the Olympic distances of 5000M and 10000M but won only one Olympic medal, a bronze? Who was he?
- 3. Name the athlete in the photo above.
- 4. Prior to Samuel Wanjiru of Kenya winning the 2008 Olympic Marathon, when was the last time a Kenyan runner won the Men's Olympic Marathon?
- 5. Who was the well known marathoner who had the nickname, "The Rookie"?
- 6. In what year were qualifying times instituted at the Boston Marathon?
- 7. Which were the first Olympic Games to make a profit?
- 8. Which five countries have competed in every Olympic Games?
- 9. Prior to winning the 1984 LA Olympic Marathon, how many marathons had the winner, Carlos Lopes of Portugal, started and finished?
- 10. The 1988 Seoul Olympic Marathon had the closest finish in 68 years. What was the margin of victory for Gelindo Bordin of Italy over Douglas Wakihuri of Kenya?