Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Frank Shorter of the USA placed second in the 1976 Montreal Olympic Marathon to Waldemar Cierpinski of the GDR. What American placed fourth? ....Answer
- 2. Where did Bill Rodgers of the USA place in the 1976 Olympic Marathon? ..... Answer
- 3. Mark Smet of Belgium finished 7th in 28:02 in the 1976 Olympic 10,000M. What was unusual about his finish? ..... Answer
- 4. Who was the first distance runner to win successive Olympic Marathons? .....Answer
- 5. What state was American miler Jim Ryun from? .....Answer
- 6. At the 1956 Melbourne Olympics Vladimir Kuts of the USSR led Gordon Pirie of Britain at the 5,000M mark of the 10,000M final. What was unusual about their time at the halfway point of this race? .....Answer
- 7. American Billy Mills won the 10,000M at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. Why had he started running? .....Answer
- 8. What do David Costill, Jack Daniels and David Martin have in common? .....Answer
- 9. Which of the following former world class milers is NOT named Steve?
- 10. Which of the following former world class distance runners is NOT Irish?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |