Read the trivia question and then click on answer or
select 'Choice' and 'Check Answer' for multiple choice questions.
- 1. Of the top marathoners (sub 2:12) in the world for 1997, how many were Kenyans? ....Answer
- 2. Referring to Question #1, how many were from the US? ..... Answer
- 3. The world's longest held record in the marathon was Derek Clayton's 2:08:33 which lasted 11 years and 6 months. What was the shortest held marathon record? ..... Answer
- 4. Why was apparent marathon winner Fred Lorz of New York disqualified at the 1904 Olympics in St. Louis? .....Answer
- 4. What Olympic triple gold-medalist suffered through polio, double pneumonia, and scarlet fever as a child? .....Answer
- 6. In 1970 Arthur Lydiard, New Zealand's most famous track coach, write a book. What was it called? .....Answer
- 7. Robert de Castella of Australia won the World Marathon Championship in 1983. What was his nickname? .....Answer
- 8. Name the three members of the US Olympic Marathon team in 1972. .....Answer
- 9. What American runner made the US Olympic team in the 10,000M and the Marathon in 1972? ....Answer
- 10. What is the name of the Chinese distance coach who coached "Ma's Army". .....Answer
- 11. Who said, while referring to a question about posing nude, "It didn't take that much courage; it was nothing compared to how you feel on the starting line of a championship race."? ....Answer
- 12. Who was the first runner to endorse Nike shoes?
- 13.What is the name of the bartender who tended bar in Boston's famous Eliot Lounge, a hangout for runners especially around Boston Marathon time?
Comments to: Webmaster
|Top of Questions| |Top of Page| |Trivia Index Page |